Dynamics 365 Project Operations connects sales, resourcing, project management, and finance teams within a single product to help you win more deals, accelerate project delivery, and maximize profitability. It is licensed per user, with a minimum number of users required.
Account managers, project managers, project assistants, and project accountants are typically licensed as full users. Users who create and approve project timesheets, such as a user with a Project Timesheet security role, only need a Team Members license. Project Operations licenses have no roles at the Operations – Activity level, but full users of Project Operations have rights to Operations – Activity roles for other Dynamics 365 products, such as Finance and Supply Chain Management.
Dynamics 365 Project Operations features
- Work on the project as a team member, usually fulfilling a specialized role. Record time and expense entries as they make progress on the project.
- Enable creation and approval of project timesheets
- Approve time, expenses, and materials within a project
- Create and plan projects and tasks. Plan resources and estimate the cost and revenue for the project. Review and approve all consultant activity on the project and tracks the progress and spending. Review draft invoices.
- Create project invoices. Manage and maintains invoice layouts. Review invoices for accuracy of sales tax codes and exchange rates. Send invoices to customers and post invoices to the general ledger.
- Configure expense management solution
- Document project accounting process events and respond to project accounting process inquiries
- Maintain project accounting policies
- Enable and review the project accounting process
- Manage sales and relationships for customer-facing projects. Create and manage new project opportunities, build proposals, and win quotes to create project contracts.
- Own the practice in the project organization. Create reports and dashboards for deals in the pipeline. Understand resource demand and utilization.
- Maintain project resource tasks. Staff project demands and manages resource utilization to ensure resources are appropriately utilized.
Full Users leverage the majority of business apps’ functionality. They have also been referred to as “power users.” All licenses include automatic product updates.